Meet Dr. Daniel P. True
Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon
Dr. True grew up in Salt Lake City Utah and earned his Bachelor of Science degree in Biology at the University of Utah. He went on to attend Temple University in Philadelphia, where he received his Doctor of Dental Medicine (DMD) degree in 2010. Following dental school, he completed a one-year Advanced Education in General Dentistry (AEGD) residency in Anchorage, Alaska after which he practiced general dentistry for three years in the Air Force and private practice in Alaska and Texas.
In 2014, Dr. True commenced his 4-year surgical training at the San Antonio Military Oral and Maxillofacial Residency Program. His training involved dentoalveolar surgery, dental and zygomatic implants, pathology, reconstruction, trauma, cosmetic surgery, and TMJ procedures. This training, alongside professionals including licensed anesthesiologists, at one of the military’s largest, most robust hospitals in the world, gave him the skills necessary to perform a full scope of oral and maxillofacial procedures.
Following his residency training, Dr. Daniel True served as Chief of Oral Surgery at Langley Air Force Base and Associate Professor as an AEGD instructor with the Uniform Services University of Health Sciences for four years, instructing dental residents in oral surgery and sedation. In 2022, Dr. True made the decision to separate from the United States Air Force with the rank of Major and relocate to Florida to join Orlando Oral & Facial Surgery.
Dr. True is a Diplomate of the American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, a Fellow of the American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons, and a member of the American Dental Anesthesia Society. In his spare time, Dr. True enjoys spending time with his wife and six beautiful children— four daughters and two sons. They keep busy with their children’s various interests and activities and are always looking for new adventures. Dr. True likes to enjoy nature in any way he can. Whether it’s playing sports, family outings to the beach or snowboarding he loves to get outdoors!
- University of Utah – Bachelor of Science, Biology
- Temple University – Doctor of Dental Medicine
- United States Air Force – Advanced Education in General Dentistry (AEGD)
- San Antonio Military Oral and Maxillofacial Residency Program – Resident
- Langley Air Force Base – Chief of Oral Surgery
- Uniform Services University of Health Science – Associate Professor, AEGD Instructor
- American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery – Diplomate
- American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery – Fellow
- American Dental Anesthesia Society